Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fish & Chips at The Approach Tavern:
I Have Arrived


You know you've finally landed in London after your first meal of fish and chips in a pub.

What arrives at your table is a gorgeously puffy piece of cod in a substantial batter, golden fried to perfection with the proper balance of grease and salt; thick wedges of chips and a subtley sweet puree of mushy peas.

My half pint of choice is the Belgian ale, Leffe -- pronunciation of the last "e" is questionable.

(Photo by Brett Cody Rogers)

2 comments:

  1. I hate you for showing me heavenly fish and chips while I'm at work, slaving away, definitely not within arm's length of anthing fried. Unless you count my brain. Enjoy the rest of your trip! See you back in thisnext.com/thegroop land...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:26 PM

    that's a damn cute picture. wish i could have been there

    ReplyDelete